Who should be a member?
Any person who:
- is the owner or licensee of the intellectual property rights to oils, glycols (antifreezes), oil filters or product containers sold, offered for sale or otherwise distributed in or into the Province of Nova Scotia;
- is a manufacturer or distributor of oils, glycols (antifreezes), oil filters or product containers sold, offered for sale or otherwise distributed in or into the Province of Nova Scotia;
- receives oils, glycols (antifreezes), oil filters or product containers through importation into the Province of Nova Scotia and is the first person to sell or offer for sale the oils, glycols (antifreezes), oil filters or product containers in the Province of Nova Scotia;
- is a mandatary contributor that joins UOMA NS in accordance with their own internal Bylaws, or
- is any other natural or legal person designated and accepted by the Board of Directors and meeting all the conditions decreed by it.
List of members
EHC OneWindow Online Remittance Form
If you need assistance in completing the online remittance form, do not hesitate to contact the EHC Support Team at EHCsupport@usedoilrecycling.ca and we will be happy to help you. It is important to read and follow the instructions. You can also refer to the User guide and the frequently asked questions documents.
Remitter User Guide
Frequently asked questions
* Member information is based on UOMA NS’ internal data. Any changes must be requested in writing prior to completing the online remittance.
Payment by Mail
204-248 Fréchette Blvd
Electronic payment via internet
Contact UOMA NS for more information
If you cannot open the attached file, please visit www.adobe.com to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Become a member
Who is required to participate in the program?
The Nova Scotia regulation requires all designated material brand owners (oils, oil filters, oil containers, glycol (antifreeze), glycol (antifreeze) containers, diesel exhaust fluid containers and aerosol containers (including cleaner for automotive parts)) who did not inform Nova Scotia Environment that they wish to submit their own program, must join a management association.
What documentation do I need to become a member of UOMA NS?
To become a member, UOMA NS requires the following documents:
a) the membership application form
b) the membership agreement signed, dated and initialized on every page
c) a check of $ 200.00 plus all applicable taxes
UOMA NS will only register you as a member upon receipt of all of the above requirements. Your name will then appear on our website in our list of members.
Important notice: In accordance with the Article 3.6 of the membership agreement, the member agrees to remit the EHCs retroactively between January 1st, 2020 and their registration date or between their registration date and the beginning of their sales if this date is after January 1st, 2020. The maximum retroactive period for the calculation of the payment is seven (7) years from the date of the first written contact between UOMA NS and the potential Member with respect to such Product(s).
IT IS IMPERATIVE that you read the supplemental information sent to all members in compliance with the membership agreement. You will find this information in the Communiqués section of this website under “Members”.
How much is the Environmental Handling Charge (EHC)?
All members of UOMA NS have to pay an EHC based on sales volumes, as follows:
- $0.03 per litre of lubricating oils
- $0.12 per litre of capacity of containers of 50 litres or less for lubricating oils
- $0.10 per litre of capacity of containers of 50 litres or less for glycols (antifreezes) and diesel exhaust fluid
- $0.20 per litre of capacity of containers of 50 litres or less non-metal or non-HDPE for glycols (antifreezes), lubricating oils and diesel exhaust fluid
- $0.10 per litre of glycols (antifreezes) premix
- $0.18 per litre of glycols (antifreezes) concentrate
- $0.40 per filter of less than 8 inches or 203 mm. (in length)
- $0.90 per filter of 8 inches or 203 mm. (in length) and more
- $0.40 per sump type automatic transmission filter
- $0.25 per spray lubricant or automotive parts cleaner container (aerosol)
EHCs are payable to UOMA NS on a quarterly basis, within 30 days of the end of each quarter.