What is a collection facility?
Collection facilities are establishments registered with UOMA NS to receive the designated products from small generators free of charge. These collection facilities are mechanical workshops, car dealerships but also many Regional Waste Management Authorities.
We congratulate the repair shops and the Regional Waste Management Authorities that agreed to be a collection facility and offer the service free of charge to the population. It has never been easier to recover these products.
* For larger generators of used oil materials, there are registered collectors that will come to your site, farm, place of business and take the material to a registered processor.
- Oils: Means petroleum or synthetic derived crankcase oil, engine oil and gear oil, hydraulic fluid, transmission fluid and heat transfer fluid, and fluid used for lubricating purposes in machinery or equipment.
- Filters: Means a spin-on style or element style fluid filter that is used in hydraulic, transmission or internal combustion engine applictions and an oil filter, a diesel fuel filter, a storage tank fuel filter an a household furnace oil filter other than a gasoline filter.
- Oil, glycol and DEF containers: A container with a capacity of up to 50 litres manufactured for the purpose of holding an oil, glycol or DEF product.
- Aerosol containers: Aerosol containers manufactured for the purpose of holding an oil product as well as aerosol containers used to contain products used to clean automotive parts.
- Glycol (antifreeze): Means ethylene or propylene glycol used or intended for use as a vehicle or commercial engine coolant, but does not include the following: plumbing antifreeze,windshield washer antifreeze, lock de-icer and gasoline and diesel fuel antifreeze.
Promotion on filters
UOMA NS THANKS YOU
As an appreciation for registering with UOMA NS as a collection facility, and to encourage you to increase your filter collections, UOMA NS has implemented a PROMOTION on filters. In fact, UOMA NS will pay collection facilities subsidies (RIs) based on the amount of filters (by weight) collected by UOMA NS’s registered collectors.
You can submit your claim to UOMA NS at your convenience: Quarterly (3 months), bi-annually (6 months) or annually. You will find the details of this promotion by using the following link: Details of the promotion.